Well, the rumors have come in. Apparently people considered my list to be a leafblower list. In truth I wish it was, becuase I believe my list lacks that first round leafblower alpha strike that is so powerful in those lists. Its just one of those things I kind of laugh at, and move on. Do I have a lot of firepower? Yes. What I lack is the first round punch that those lists have. I wont go into the details of my lists yet. However what I lack is the manticores and meduseas. I also lack the platoon elements that allow you to maximize your firepower, and lack valkyries. Also no powerfists in my command squads, nor medics. So without two medusas, a manticore, or valkries........ hmmm. No str 10 pie plates in my army......

My armies are based on short range firepower, meched up. I have long range elements for support, but by no means am I based on an alpha strike capability. Call it what you will, but my army is not cheap scoring units that allow for a massive alpha strike pie plate hit round one. I will later post what an alpha striking leaf blower lists is all about.
I guess this is just becuase people don't yet understand what my list brings to the table. I mean my last opponent was suprised when all his dreadnaughts that got close to me died horribly, As was the tyranid player that got close with all his carnifexes and other monstrous creatures and lost them all in one round. My list is designed to one thing, punish people that get in close with close range firepower.
I was at one point trying to get more efficient long range alpha strike firepower into my lists. Then I recalled how weak I consider leaf blower lists to be. Good against some armies, but over-all not against anything really meched up, or really resilient. So I gave up my alpha strike potential. If you opponents really analyzed what our games that we had in the pre-lims, youd remember you didnt lose everything round one. It was when you closed in on me, that your armies went bye-bye.
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...