With all the new models out, I thought I would start to convert my old Raiders into something of a crossbreed, Old and New. While I wasn't exactly sure what that meant, I am able to start breaking it down now that I have some real good close up photos of the model. These pics are from the how to paint dark eldar vehicles section of the GW site.

Without a POA (plan of attack), I know failure is ahead. So here is the plan. Please comment on this, as I am sure any input would greatly help.

So from this pic, it looks like I might be able to take off the top rear fin of the old raider. Cut that off, and possibly use the large fin for either part of a sail, or rudder.

The next thing could simply be to build up both railings in the front and rear of the vehicle, as well as adding railings along the sides. I do believe the footprint of the vehicle would need to expanded at the rear. Plasticard should do the trick where needed.


I think creating these pivot points and gun shields shouldn't be too hard. Remember I already have the gun. I plan on smoothing out the gun a little for a more sleek look. In all the gun shouldn't be that hard. (the ravager might be a little trickier, or the guys manning it.



I could definitely see using the old top fin for this. This one I will have to figure out on the fly. Getting some thin paper so I can see what will work and what wont.



If all goes well the sail should be able to be set on top of the current engines. The shock prow could be plastic-card and blades etc wouldn't be that hard. Over-all I think this is a project I can do and replicate. I have 9 raiders to do, and I really want something that relates to the new, but is with the old. I should really be able to pull off something that will look very unique.

Please comment or give advice on this one. I will post pics as I get going on this project. I want to have one complete in a week.
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...