Are Sisters of Battle going to get squatted was a big question for a long time. There were and still are, rumors that Sisters of Battle will get combined into a larger Inquisition codex of sorts. Now we all know that the Sisters of Battle are getting renamed into the Adepta Sororitas, which I do like btw, and we are going to be receiving a new digital codex. 

Now don't get too excited its not really all new. The codex will be made up of the last White Dwarf codex and then updated apparently for 6th edition (so I expect minor updates). So at least the biggest fear, of losing the Sisters of Battle does not appear to be happening, but is this update good in the long run?
My concerns are that with an update, once again we are missing a large opportunity with this army. Not to mention that once this comes out, there is no real guarantee that we will even see a full 6th edition release for this army. 

It has been asked over and over of the design teams at Games Workshop if Sisters of Battle were going to get dropped, and the answer was always no, and with rumors of plastic that had been worked on at some point we were always hopeful, but with this release, my hopes have been kind of dashed before they even launch. 

Is this it for our beloved Sisters as far as 6th edition is concerned? Its quite logical that this would place Sisters of Battle on some distant backburner once released with an update. A lot of fans in the hobby were very upset last time a round that a White Dwarf codex was being done, and this seems to be just a half step forward, if not a complete pause, for what I think could be a fantastic army release. 

I want to see a full release down the road, and this update gives me some pause and more concern than I had before it was announced. I want to see a Repressor in the new codex, updated Immolators, Pentinent Engines (this would be cool with all the new big model releases going on now), and of course one of my favorites...... the Exorcist.

If this is just a filler, I can understand. If its just to breathe a little life into the army, I get it. But where does this leave us, and what's next?

I think the Sisters provide Games Workshop with an beautiful opportunity to make an army that everyone will want to be a part of, and the allies system of 6th edition allows for this. I just hope it doesn't pass us by. 
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...