What's On Your Table: To submit your work, please send up to 8 pics to natfka@live.com

        I've just finished building and painting one of the plastic contemptor dreads from the Betrayal at Calth box's and thought I'd send you some pic's.


The reason for this is that I was inspired to acquire and build the model due to a "whats on your table" article from earlier in the year about an Emperor's children contemptor. In that article the poster talked about how easy it was to re-position the legs of the model to make it look better.
When the model first came out I took an immediate dislike to it, something about it was just off. Now having got the model I've come to the conclusion that it was all to do with the leg positioning, it looked duck footed, was walking very strangely and the chest was overhanging it's lower half in a weird way. 
Following the advise of the previous poster I cut up the legs (very easy, do it before gluing them together) and gave it a more natural walking stance whilst also angling the legs so they were spread a little further apart. After that I magnetized the weapons and added a variety of decorations from my bitz box. 

I'm really happy with the model and would encourage anyone who disliked the basic version to get one and have a go at altering it, I'm sure they would be happy with the results.

Thanks for all the hard work you put into the blog,
                                                                      WisdomLS






 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...